You’re packing away all of the Christmas decorations and you get to the stack of cards that have been sent by family and friends. It almost feels wrong to throw these little letters of love away doesn’t it? A great and missional way to use them after Christmas is to allow them to be a prompt to pray for the families represented by each card!
You could take time to pray at one time for all of the families, or you could save them and pray for one family a day until you run out of cards. Some ideas include:
- Pray during your personal quiet time
- Pull one out each night at the dinner table and have your family join together to intercede on behalf of others
- Have your kids take part by allowing them to pick the card for the day and say their own prayers
Make it Missional-
- Pray for the salvation of anyone in the families that do not know Christ
- Send a text message to the friend or family member and let them know you are praying for their family the day that you pray for them. Ask what specific requests you can be praying about.
What do you like to do with Christmas cards after the holidays are over?